Thursday, November 6, 2008

Thankful Thursday-Giving Thanks

Sometimes I am guilty of taking things for granted and just expecting things to be all good, that is the way it is supposed to be right? Trials and troubles in day to day life are what cause us to be able to be thankful and appreciate the good. I am thankful for my family, our health, our church and how blessed we truly are even if I do at times take it for granted. I found this verse below and it summed up my thoughts on how everything we are and everything we are able to accomplish comes from God. He will work through us, but we have to be willing and allow Him into our hearts and give Him the control. I struggle with that one a lot too, I like my control, I am working on that though.

1 Chronicles 29:11-13

"Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power
and the glory and the majesty and the splendor,
for everything in heaven and earth is yours.
Yours, O LORD, is the kingdom;
you are exalted as head over all.

Wealth and honor come from you;
you are the ruler of all things.
In your hands are strength and power
to exalt and give strength to all.

Now, our God, we give you thanks,
and praise your glorious name."

For more Thankful Thursday information go to:


5 comments:

bp said...

The beginning of this verse was my memory verse last week. it is a great reminder!

Have a great day!

Valerie said...

Wonderful post, Monica!

Denise said...

Bless you dear.

Lori of I'm no super Mom said...

That is a great Thankful Thursday! I don't think you need much of a mentor ;)

i said...

Lovely post! Remain blessed!